I recently had an electrical fault with an appliance which damaged the plug.
All work is carried out in accordance with BS7671 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition).
The installation will comply with Part P of the Building Regulations (2005). Where required, on completion DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd will issue the relevant certification and inform your local building control office of the nature and extent of the works carried out.
DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd guarantees all work for a period of 12 months from completion, provided that the work is not altered or interfered with in any way (including third party repairs).
Materials and components are subject to manufacturer's warranty.
All installation work is covered by the Napit 6 year insurance-backed Warranty Scheme.
Power may be shut off as the work is carried out and a temporary supply fitted.
Flooring may be lifted to provide access. In order to run new cables the contractor may need to open channels in the ceilings and walls, we will fill these channels to a bonding coat only.
The above may not apply to every project and your electrician will advise you on the day.
DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd will take every care to avoid damage during the execution of works, however, dependent on the age of the property and the type of work contracted it is possible that some slight damage may be inevitable, i.e. cracking or breaking of dried floorboards, cracks to plaster near channeling, carpets not refitting tightly. We cannot be held responsible for repairs to such damage.
DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd, will require the payment of a 20% deposit prior to booking works into their schedule of works.
Unless otherwise agreed, no other payment will be required until the works have been completed.
Upon completion, the balance of the monies owed will become due.
Larger projects may require interim payments, and this will be agreed in advance.
DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd accept most methods of payment including Cash, BACS, Cards.
All materials including fittings, cables and other components remain the property of DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd until full and final payment is made.
1. No date will be booked until the full amount of the deposit is paid.
2. The customer has the right to cancel the work up to 14 calendar days before the agreed starting date and receive a full refund of their deposit.
3. The deposit won't be refunded on any cancellations in less than 14 calendar days before the agreed starting date.
4. Deposit Terms 3. applies even when the works are booked in less than 14 calendar days from the day the deposit was paid.
1. Additional works (that is, those not specifically noted in this quotation) will be subject to charges at our normal rate of £85 per hour.
2. All fittings remain the property of DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd until full and final payment is received.
3. All fittings and components provided as white plastic conforming to the relevant British standards (unless otherwise stated).
4. Where making good is necessary, DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd will make good to a bonding coat finish only. This will require a smooth coat once dry.
5. DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd will provide materials and labour unless otherwise stated.
6. DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd will have access to the property on the days agreed. The job duration quoted assumes vacant access and the absence of delays or disruptions by other trades. Any delays due to disruption or impeded access may result in additional charges.
7. Occupants will need to ensure that the floor spaces of all rooms are clear. Any delays due to unclear spaces will result in additional charges.
8. All work will be tested, certified and notified to the local authority if applicable.
8. Certificates, where required, will be forwarded on receipt of full payment.
9. Parking permits are to be provided where required, otherwise parking costs will be added to the final invoice.
10. It is the client/customers responsibility to ensure permission, building warrants and authorisation for any/all work required.
11. Free advice is general electrical safety recommendations individual to your needs helping to improve the safety of your property/premises.
12. If we have to carry work out (including fault finding or cable location etc) then there is a charge and this is not included in free advice.
13. Where flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard.
1. Clearing and/or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included. Unless agreed otherwise.
2. Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
3. Provision of scaffolds and access towers if that becomes necessary
Extras and Variations
1. All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
2. Any additional works not covered in our quoted costs may attract additional charges.
1. All of our customers details are store in a password protected computer and/or on our secure accounting platform (eg FreeAgent)
2. We will use the client’s email address and/or home address to send helpful industry updates and everyday tips, unless we are advised otherwise by the client.
3. We will not pass these details to third parties without the client’s previous agreement.
4. We have a legal obligation to store all of our customers details secure for a number of years (eg from the HMRC and/or The EIT)
DNA Father and Son’s Electrical Ltd always endeavours to provide the best service. However, on rare occasions there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure the business can put things right for you, as soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and to the high standards the business aims to achieve.
Please contact the business straight away with any concerns either by phone, email or write to us. If writing, get proof of posting.
Business Complaint Procedure
On receipt of your complaint the business aims to respond within 5 days. The business will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation.
In the unlikely event the business is unable to resolve your complaint having exhausted the business complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where the business cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.